Buying designer glasses online is not always an easy task, especially when faced with so many wonderful options of colors and patterns and amazing innovations. But choosing the frame is the hard part, we’re here to make choosing the lenses as simple as possible. If this is your first time buying lenses online, you may not realize that there are a few different choices you must make to get the perfect one for you. So, what are your lens options when buying glasses online?
First, you need to decide whether you want the lens to come with any treatments, which are actually coatings over the lens that have various functions. The options Vizio Optic offers include the following:
- AR, or anti-reflective, treatment – This features a coating the reduces glare. If you do a lot of driving at night, this treatment can improve your visual acuity and help prevent accidents by reducing the glare from oncoming traffic.
- Scratch-resistant coating – A must if you’re an accident-prone person or if you participate in sports where you keep your eyeglasses on to see.
- Transition coating – You may have seen this before but you didn’t know what it was called. Transition lenses darken when exposed to ultraviolet rays. While not as effective as a pair of sunglasses, transition lenses help protect your eyes during short-term exposure to the sun.
Next, you’ll need to choose your desired thickness of the lens. Your options are as follows:
- Regular – The thickest option, regular lenses are a basic style and work for just about everyone. If you only need glasses for reading, regular will be fine for you.
- Polycarbonate – These lenses are thinner and are better for those who are involved in high-impact sports. They are designed to be shock-resistent, so they are also great for the accident-prone as well.
- High index lenses – As thin and light as you can get, high index lenses are also the most comfortable because they feel as if they’re barely there. There are varying degrees of thinness – 1.67 being the first level, and 1.74 being the slimmest lens available.
That’s all there is to it! While there are many great options when it comes to finding the perfect lens for you, it’s a completely simple process that will make ordering your new glasses a snap. Got any questions? Let us know in the comments below and we’ll help you get on your way to finishing your order!